When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, the Sunshine State continues to eagerly welcome visitors since lifting most of its travel restrictions. And while many travelers are thirsting for a warm-weather escape or a trip to the beach, most vacationers have safety as a top priority right now.
Although vaccine rollouts have started, there is still no firm guarantee when it comes to travel safety. It’s crucial to follow guidelines and advice from organizations such as the CDC and WHO, and practice safety measures including wearing a mask, washing your hands, and maintaining social distancing.
However, if you are considering a closer-to-home getaway or even a staycation, it’s worth noting that experts say private Airbnbs are likely safer than hotels. This is because entire homes with full-size kitchens reduce interactions with others, especially when compared to busy hotel lobbies and elevators. Airbnb also announced rigorous new procedures as part of its Enhanced Clean Program that all hosts must now follow.
With pandemic fatigue setting in, vacations within easy driving distances have been on the rise. Florida, in particular, is easily accessible from many American cities and an especially appealing option for East Coasters looking to flee snowy weather.
We gathered the top Florida Airbnbs based on the following criteria:
- Airbnb listings are for the entire home, in line with current expert safety recommendations.
- With affordability in mind, all of these homes are priced between $122 to $315 to start, though keep in mind that right now is peak season when prices tend to rise.
- All listings are highly-rated with a review score of 4.7 or higher.
- Homes are in desirable locations, such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota, Panama City, and the Keys.
- Warmth is only enjoyable on your own terms – every listing has air conditioning, and many have access to a beach or pool, with necessary amenities like beach chairs or grills.