Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. US futures are down. See what markets are doing today.
2. Tesla scored profits worth $1 billion on its bitcoin bet. The electric-vehicle maker is set to make more from bitcoin than its profit from car sales in 2020, Wedbush said.
3. Toast is preparing an IPO that could value it at around $20 billion. The Boston-based company could also consider a sale or a merger with a blank-check company, the WSJ said.
4. Michael Burry says ‘prepare for inflation.’ “The Big Short” investor warned governments might ‘squash’ bitcoin and gold to protect their currencies.
5. Bitcoin versus gold. Ten experts told us which asset they’d rather hold for the next 10 years, and why.
6. Earnings expected. Palo Alto Networks, Royal Caribbean Cruises, and Occidental Petroleum are highlights.
7. On the data docket. Fed Reserve Governor Michelle Bowman’s speech, the Chicago Fed National Activity index, and the US 3-month and 6-month bill auctions are due.
8. Bank of America is expecting the strongest economic comeback in 40 years. The firm has pinpointed these 14 stocks it says are perfectly positioned to soar.
9. We spoke to the investing chief for the $72 billion Rockefeller global family office. Jimmy Chang explains why he thinks of bitcoin’s stratospheric surge as the ‘Tinkerbell Effect’ driven by hype.
10. A hedge fund chief and crypto bull shares a SPAC-investing strategy set to benefit in the inevitable bear market. Mark Yusko also breaks down why digital assets will be the next big beneficiary of the SPAC boom.